Next up, I am posting photos of two different 12X12 shadow boxes that I have made for Ornery and myself. I am posting them here so you can have an idea of what I can do for you! Cost will vary depending on how many trinkets and embellishments are involved, but I love doing these for people! If you are interested, email me and we will talk...
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Shadow Boxes & Frame
Here is the latest set of photos from my recent project. (Next will be new cards...) As you know I have been on a "use it up" mission this year. This chipboard frame had been in the stash for at least three years, maybe longer. I recently found the My Mind's Eye Lil' Robots papers and just this week found (on the clearance table!) a set of Maya Road Robots. The robots were clear plastic cut outs, and I knew they would not show up unless I colored them. Since they were sheer, I first had to paint the backs of them all white. I used a sharpie poster marker for the backs, and sharpies and slick writers for the fronts.
The chipboard swirl that encircles the opening was unfinished, so I used a glitter glaze on it. In my mind it represents a wire running through and "connecting" all the robots together. There are little "gears" (by Little Yellow Bicycle) and wire with tiny jingle bells attached at various places--just things a kid might need if he decided to build a robot... The frame took me HOURS to make, so even though it is "just" chipboard, it is still $25. I think it would look really cute in some little boy's room, or on the desk of a techno geek. :)
Next, I unearthed a set of three (only two are done) small shadow boxes. I found them at a garage sale, so they are recycled in a sense. The top one has a rub-on embellishment affixed to the top of the "glass" (it is actually plastic) and three random print flowers with square embellished brads as centers. The paper background has a very subtle ledger print on it so as not to distract the eye from the text. It is called Random Acts of Kindness, measures 4X7, and sells for $6.
Jonathan Swift penned, "May you live all the days of your life." This little shadow box measures 4X4 and has the clear text attached to the inside of the "glass". A lovely butterfly perches on the corner of airy leaf paper. It is called, Live all the days and sells for $5.
The top one has a lot of personal notes in it. I did one for one woman that contained (among other things) a photocopy of the advertisement that she put in the personal ads of the local paper. It generated a LOT of interest, and landed her a stellar husband! Everyone has a story to tell, and there are often little bits of paper you don't want to lose track of--we can incorporate them into a beautiful shadow box like these.
Labels:
frames,
shadow boxes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.