My niece and I have started a rather delightful pen-pal relationship this spring, and I decided to send her a new journal--it had been a while. She told me through a series of text messages that her favorite color is grey, and she especially likes it paired with navy and white stripes. I used my twinkling H2O watercolor paints and some masking tape to create the front cover. The fly-leaves and the back cover are all grey printed papers. The wooden Scrabble letters are glued on with my favorite adhesive for such things: Fusion Glue. The rubberized leaves (which I bought on clearance back in 2000!) are adhered with Xyron adhesive, and the little felt flowers with navy brads. I used a grey ribbon for the book mark, and put some alphabet book binding tape on the top and bottom of the binding to help keep it nice. The pages are graph instead of lined. It turned out pretty cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.