Saturday, February 27, 2010
A Day of Card Making
Nestled in among a huge pile of my supplies and tools, I whiled away eight hours at the scrapbook store working to build my stock up so I could get some cards out for sale. The cards are all made from scraps--leftover pieces from other projects. I am pretty sure I could make a thousand cards without ever cutting into another whole piece of paper, but that doesn't sound very fun! :)
The frame (card on right), border and flower die cuts (card on left) were on a sheet of punch outs. Some part of me will always love those as they remind me of the paper dolls I used to get as a child. I am a little more careful with the die cuts than I was with the paper dolls, however. :)
These little collector card embellishments came in a little box with several different phrases. I went through the box, pulled out all the ones I thought I could make a card out of, and selected papers and other embellishments that would match. The next six cards are also using embellishments from that little box... The card on the top features a frame die cut that I had several of from when I worked at the scrapbook store. Some customer had torn the corners on the whole stack of them and put them back on the shelf. They were unsellable, so the owner said I could have them. The pile I started out with is slowly being used up--I think I still have 3 left.


I found some Martha Stewart embellishments (card on left) at Big Lots for $1.00 making them reasonably priced for my purposes. It would be hard to justify using a $4.00 embellishment on a $5.00 card... The card on the right features a sticker by 7 Gypsies and some dew drops embellishments. The brad in the center of the flower was leftover from an album class I took about 4 years ago!
These two cards use some butterfly die cut paper--the only "new" sheet of paper I cut into all day. There are several rows of the little glittery things on the sheet, and I have inked them to make them different colors. I justified the purchase by the number of uses I would find for so many embellishments! More dew drops add a bit of extra dimension. They are raised off the card with foam adhesive squares.
These last two cards were inspired by the embellishments. I found the old present 3D stickers and decided to coordinate with some purple papers--then found the word stickers to make it a multi-purpose card. The bird card is probably my least favorite of the bunch, but I think it is because I use so little solid colored card stock any more that it seems boring to me. :) The little brads in the centers of the flowers have a grid design on them, and both the brads and the leaves are items that have been hanging around in my supplies for several years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the last card, the green bird card, is my favorite. I like everything about it!
ReplyDelete