These were some of the cards I took.
Then, I got busy and finished off the special orders for journals. The first five are for one order, and the last one was a special order from a friend.




All the journals above are for a church, so that is why the titles are relating to heart and journey...
This journal was FUN to make! It has a library card pocket inside the front cover, and the little girl it was made for is a girly-girl, and sure to take great pleasure in this Valentine's Day gift from her parents.
And speaking of Valentine's Day, I couldn't wait to give Ornery his card, and here are photos of my masterpiece. It was hours in the making...
"Our time is measured by defining moments. A true story.
The green text box is mounted on a spring, so it jiggles really easily whenever the card is bumped. It was great fun! The printed page on the right side is from an old Gideon's Bible that I acquired on its way to the trash. The page I chose contains the passage from I Corinthians 13 about love. I highlighted it with pale yellow chalk. Each of the little additions to the page has some sort of significance to Ornery and me.
I recycled an old Target gift card to represent the red leather purse Ornery spent WAY too much money to buy me for Christmas in 2008. I had been wanting a red purse for so long...
This was the back cover. I had to use some ingenuity to get all the pages bound without the whole card bulging open on one end. I used 7 Gypsies book binding tape on the outside to cover the white card stock spine that is glued between the pages. I had lots of fun making it, and I think he enjoyed getting it too. :)
All this work has me thinking about a real shop--I think I'd call it Tracy's Den of Uniquities. I am thinking about some new card lines--the "clothes-line" with not-so-black-tie suits and dress cards, the "shoe-shelf" (shoebox is already taken) with some real leather shoe cards, and a few other kitschy lines. My imagination has been in overdrive ever since my first meeting with my new accountability partner. She has been a great driving force already!
nice post. thanks.
ReplyDelete