Sunday, August 8, 2010

Dominoes and Gifts

I don't know what compelled me to get into my craft room so much this week, but I managed to complete several projects I had been needing to get done. First, I said I would make gifts for the judges at an upcoming Toastmasters speech contest. I made two clipboards for the ladies and two journals for the men.
The inks on the back were supposed to be mostly purple, as that was the color of ribbon that I wanted to use. It turned out much more pink, so I just combined the two colors and went with that. I was pleased with the outcome. I used some tacky tape to adhere the magnetic strips on the back. It seems to be holding very well.
This was a journal I made for another project. The picture isn't very clear, but the journal turned out cute.
First of the men's journals. Remember, these are Toastmasters, they love words, hence the design of the papers--crossword puzzles and dictionary pages.

These cards were from leftover papers from the journal above. I love the vibrant colors of the papers. The top two cards were an experiment with some spray on glitz stuff I had not ever used. I had it all over me and the cards too, but it certainly added some pizazz!
My friend wanted some domino ornaments, so I finished off some I had started, then created a few more. These aren't all hers, nor are they all complete, but it gives a good idea of how diverse I have gone with these. They are so fun to work with!

1 comment:

  1. I love the ornaments - I think those are some of my favorites so far.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...