Friday, September 13, 2013

Muse Gone Wild

Some days you just have the mojo and others you don't.  Today, the Muse was just about out of hand! 

This first ATC is a purse on a watercolor background. I was inspired by a swap (that I didn't join) for an ATC with something on it that opened.  My first boring thought was a door. A window. Then I drew a blank.  Earlier in day I realized that a LOT of my ATCs over the past few weeks have featured dull colors, browns, autumn themes, and old looking things.  That is NOT my usual style, so I decided to shuffle my scraps and put some new colorful offerings in the little box I keep on my table to inspire me. 

When I came across the alligator (?) paper, I thought a purse would open... hmm. 

I added a magnetic closure, and the purse is pleated on each side, so you could actually put something tiny inside.  Rather ingenuous, I thought! :)
This second ATC was using scraps I had leftover from the paper I used to cover the tin (below).  I had taken it out of my art journal as it was just painted on 1/2 of one side, and I wanted some different colors.  It was a happy accident that I was able to glean not only the top, bottom and inside panels for the tin, but three ATC backgrounds like the one above, and this piece.  I used the remaining bits to shave thin strips, which I wove into a little pattern on the lower left corner of this ATC.
I finished it off with the crazy yarn and some stamps. I was very pleased with the result.  In fact, I won't be swapping either of these two ATCs--they are going in my own collection. :)  So much for the "trading" part of Artist Trading Cards!

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...