Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Busy Girl!

I have been a busy girl today!  The new theme was announced yesterday for my Facebook Mixed Media ATC Artists group, and as is my usual, I wanted to jump in and see if I could come up with anything I liked before I committed.  I was also admitted into a small group of advanced ATC artists on SwapBot, and I signed up for a swap or two there as well.  Then, when partners were assigned this morning for a swap I had already made an ATC for, I read my partner's profile and she didn't like rainbow colors, so I made a different one for her. I should learn to wait until partners are assigned, but I am just so impatient!!

This is the first one I did for the FB group.  It's called, Left Brain Meets Right Brain.  It is slightly biographical in nature, as my husband is most assuredly a left brain dominated man and I tend toward the right. The book page features a very complex geometric proof.  I added the graph and measuring tape washi tapes to represent that left side-analytical part of the group.  The colors are not really covering the text, but it is hard to tell in the photo.  To the left brain, the willy-nilly placement of the colors would be unsettling.  I say it's good for 'em. :)

The second one is from a reading primer dated 1968:
If not for the glare you could tell it says, "Good Junk needed."  This is called, "Good Junk makes the Best Art."  'struth.

Next up is one I sent out today but made awhile ago and forgot to photograph. It is another Christmas on sheet music swap, this one features snowflakes.

I used Twinkling H2O watercolors on the background, gradating from blue at the top to more green as it went down.  The blue at the top has more of a silver sheen to it, the green more gold.  The photo really doesn't do it justice.  I used Liquid Pearl white to make the snow bank at the bottom, then added a bit of white stickles glitter-glue to it for more depth.  I also added white stickles to the tree, but a different color around the edges.  Finally, I affixed the little silver charms I have had in my stash for ... let's just say a number of years.  :)

Next up is another book page; I actually thought about using it for the FB swap, but changed my mind and am using it for the advanced ATC group instead.

This one is called "Don't Cry, Polly!"  I don't know if you can see the dog's tongue licking away her tears or not.  It was a black and white illustration, and I colored it with markers, then added highlights with some stickles and liquid pearls, and highlighted the dog's nose and eyes, and Polly's shoes with some glossy accents. Of course I had to add a bit of washi tape to it--the little bird on the fence is from a very carefully cut piece of tape!

This last one is the new Postage Stamp ATC for a group swap.  The partner loves quilting and one of her favorite things is seeing quilts on a clothesline.  This one is on watercolor paper, and I painted the background, blues and the foreground greens.  I also painted the little sunflowers to the far right.  The fence and other little flowers, as well as the bird and clothes pins are all washi tape. :)  The stamps fit perfectly on the line.

That's what I have been working on today!  Elizabeth photocopied some of my art journal pages, and I am going to use them to make some little postalettes to send to a couple of pen-pals.  I am kind of glad I didn't get any mail today or I would be further behind!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome awesome and more awesome. I love every one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fave is the music Christmas one. :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...