Sunday, October 6, 2013

New Directions

Today I did two ATCs and both were styles I have never done before.  The first one is for a swap with someone who had a brand new in the box Barbie for trade, and when I asked what she wanted to swap for it she read my profile and said she would like an embroidered ATC.  I haven't done much embroidery lately, and my first attempt was a colossal failure.  The second round I "cheated" a little and used some crocheted flowers.  There is embroidery on there, and the flowers were hand made, just not by me.  I am not a good hooker. :)

Embroidery on an ATC
How does your garden grow?
The second one is my first attempt at free hand drawing then painting it.  The theme for this ATC swap is gardening.  I figured since this plant has been in every garden I have ever had, it was appropriate.  It is next to the little bag I will send it in. I just love putting them in those cute little washi-taped bags!! :)


5 comments:

  1. Oh come on...you could TOTALLY be a hooker. I mean, if I can do it, you can do it!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what the woman who made the futile attempt at trying to teach me said as well. "Tracy, you will pick this up in just a few minutes." I was ready to throw things after 2 hours of failed attempts. I admit it, I am not a good hooker. :P

      Delete
  2. Your dandelion leaves are awesome! Joe Leitch would be proud! He always called them "dent-de-lions" -- teeth of a lion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I didn't remember hearing him say that, but I know he would be pleased with my art. He was always very encouraging about things like that.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...