Sunday, August 4, 2013

ATC with a Tree

"Stormy Night"
I found the stamp tucked under a bunch of others in a drawer and thought "I need to make an ATC with that!"  I looked on Swap Bot and there was a swap that ended Saturday and I barely made it in under the wire.  The image stamped perfectly the first time (shock!) on the watercolor paper.  I used chestnut pigment ink and clear embossing powder to heat emboss it. Then I wet the paper with a spray bottle and added light washes of Hunter gray, Azurite and Pretty Peridot twinkling H2O's to it.  It was wet enough that when I sprinkled salt on I got a few little spots, but not the usual.

I really liked it just like that, but I thought I should add a bit more to it, and I had these cute little stars, so I used some glossy accents but the drops were way too big, so I tried to daub it off, but it was a mess.  SO, I used a silicone brush and stippled some more of the glossy accents over the whole thing to look like rain. 

4 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...