Sunday, August 11, 2013

Map ATC

This is for a swap called, Map It! and the only requirement was that it have a map on it.  I started with an old National Geographic (1960's) map of Europe. I used QuicKutz to make the airplane with red cardstock, a real wood propeller, and vellum for the canopy.  Then I added the fortune cookie insert which set the tone for the rest of the piece.  Do something unusual tomorrow
  • take a trip (airplane)
  • try a new food (muffin)
  • listen to something different (music note)
  • spend time reflecting (stars)
  • celebrate something obscure (party blow whistle)
  • move in a different way (bicycle)
I made a second one using a aviators sectional map, a similar red airplane and an old lapel pin Ornery found when he was a kid with wings on either side of a propeller.  It will go into my collection. :)

2 comments:

  1. Are these themed-swaps? I am so inspired by the work you do on ATCs and I'd love to dip a toe in the swapping. Should I just make a bunch in different designs or does each swap have a theme? And the only requirement is the size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of them are themed but some are sender's choice or profile based. They need a sturdy back on them and the size required but otherwise there are no rules. If you want to swap with me make one and send it and I will use your return address to send one back. Or you can certainly join swap bot.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...