One of my new pen-pals is a mail artist, and prefers to send "naked" art (not in an envelope) so I have started replying in kind. Here is our latest correspondence.
The top picture is what I painted today. It was the part I cut off of another project, and it had some odd splatters of paint already on it, so I added a bit more, applied some canned air (after almost passing out from blowing through a tiny stir stick!) and some stippling. All is done with my Twinkling H2O watercolors except for a bit of glimmer mist on the upper right corner, and the Goosebumps texture spray which is clear and leaves a wet look to the surface.
This is what he sent with mine.


I think I mentioned before that I've encountered complaints from the PO clerks at my 'bulky cards' and now they have a small board with a slit in it to pass envelopes through before rejecting it if it's too thick. When you send out your ATCs and such, are you using padded envelopes or just regular ones?
ReplyDeleteI use a variety of methods to send them. If the card is mostly flat, which I try to make them as much as possible, I put them in a little plastic sleeve inside a card. They usually require a 20 cent surcharge for non-machinable but as long as they are less than 1/4 inch thick, they go alright. If they are heavily embellished, I may send them in a padded envelope, or with a small piece of little bubble wrap over the top of it. I try to limit the number of larger mailings as it can run into money pretty quick!
DeleteI know! postage is outrageous. I've sent a couple of super light mailing envelopes out and it cost over $2. That's why I'm not participating in swaps and penpals like so many of my friends are doing.
Delete