Thursday, August 1, 2013

ATCs: Time

For most of my life I have had a love affair with clocks.  The ATC challenge was to use brown paper bag for the background.  I decided since I had to cut up the paper anyway I would make more than one with that style.  Here is what I have come up with so far.

Time Flies
 This one was actually my second attempt.  I painted the brown paper with copper twinkling H2O paint, punched the leaves from the hymnal cover I have been using lately, then used Pretty Peridot twinks on them. The burlap has Distress Ink (Vintage Photo) on it.  The little pocket watch and butterfly are from scraps of Graphic 45 paper.  Flowers are Prima and Hobby Lobby private label.

This one was my first attempt with the brown paper.  Other than a little ink around the edges, I left the background brown. I added a little strip of paper and a piece of leftover twine from a previous effort, burlap, flowers and more scraps of Graphic 45 paper.  The priceless metal tag is something I have had in my stash for several years, but I think it is Making Memories.

Once I got going with these, I didn't want to stop!  I have the last little bit of the burlap I had cut off the big piece I have, and another brown paper which I washed with Pretty Peridot.  I used some Distress stain in the two colors I have-- peeled paint and tea stain-- on the burlap.  That is the start, but I am still thinking about all the rest.  And, there are still a few more little 2.5X3.5" pieces of brown paper waiting to be used!   I am liking the "time" theme, and may see what else I can come up with for clocks to add.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...