 |
| Horse Feathers I |
 |
| Horse Feathers II |
 |
| Tropical Flowers |
Stamped with stamps from Pink Paislee's Nantucket collection of stamps with StazOn Ink and painted with Luminarte's Twinkling H2O watercolors. I have sent the first Horse Feathers to an artist in Dallas. I plan to keep the second one for a collection I am starting. The other two are unassigned, but since I am in so many ATC swaps, I am sure they will go out soon!
So pretty! I wish I wasn't such a stamping failure. I use either too little or too much ink, or don't apply enough pressure.
ReplyDeleteI think the quality of the stamps and ink makes a big difference as well. I have mixed results, but I do better if I take it slow and do a few practice runs. The stamps seem to like to soak up some ink and be used a time or two before I get a good image.
DeleteMaybe I should start doing that...some test bits first. I have even tried holding the stamp in one hand and inking with the pad with the other hand to try and get the ink distributed. Do you like pigment ink pads? I love that they stay moist but sometimes it's too much ink on the stamp.
DeleteI set the stamp down on the table inky side up and apply the ink to it by daubing it on across the surface as evenly as I can. I am really not all that careful with it, though. Pigment ink pads are the only thing that works well with embossing powder unless you use embossing ink, but I wanted to make it brown, and I don't have brown powder, so I used brown ink and clear powder.
DeleteI also have a wide variety of results from time to time but I seem to do the best with clear stamps on an acrylic block so I can see where to stamp it. Once I gently set it onto the paper, I carefully rub across the surface of the block, not applying too much pressure to any one area. Again, this isn't foolproof, but I have better success since I started doing it that way.
I was always jealous of those who could stamp perfect images, and in fact got rid of most of my stamps because it was so frustrating. Once I started with the clear stamps, I had better luck.