Friday, August 23, 2013

Mail Art

One of the places I have ordered my envelopes from for a few years is Clearbags.com.  I really like their envelopes, and they have a great price on them.  A couple years ago I tried some of their metallic leather-textured cards and really liked them.  I had ordered some envelopes as well, and I was hooked!  Since I have been swapping on SwapBot, I have used up all the old cards, and just can't seem to get ahead on making them, so I have started making a card relating to the swap to mail it in.  I had ordered several different colors of card bases, and have started using them for this purpose.

The card above is on a shimmery gold  base (white inside) and I added kraft paper torn on the edges to that with some dry adhesive (Dotto, permanent) after I inked the edges with Rusty Hinge Distress ink.  The stamp set is by Tim Holtz, and I used it on the card as well as the envelope--a kraft A2 from Clear Bags. All the inks are Distress inks, and the glitter I used on the card is Distress Stickles. Until this project I had used the Distress Stickles maybe three times... if that.  They added a nice little sparkle, but not too glitzy.

The butterflies on the card were stamped onto some stock ledger paper I bought at a yard sale a couple of years ago.  Then I cut them out and added just a touch of Distress Stickles onto the wings. It looked much better before I smeared the wet glitter. :(

This is for the Jigsaw Puzzle ATC with a butterfly on it.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...