It has been a really busy day in the studio today! I wrote two long, newsy letters, sent out an ATC for a swap and made six ATCs!
This first one is for a swap that uses anything but scrapbooking materials. I don't know exactly what to call it, so I didn't name it. I started with a milk jug, covered that with the licorice wrapper, added the pig from some mail, the face from an old debit card, the lemon bag and Cheetos
Crunchy. Holding it all together on slippery plastic, slippery mylar, slippery lemon bag... well, let's just say there is also a hefty amount of package tape in there, too! The back is from a pop tarts box.
 |
| Anything but Scrapbooking Materials |
This next one is for an open theme swap in one of the groups I am in. I made three of these, two for my partners and one to keep. I love it! I cut the little jar from transparency film and the fence from "real wood" with my QuicKutz die cutter. I really had given up ever using them again but ATCs are perfect little venues for the little shapes they make.
I have a
Stickles glitter glue called Firefly, and that is what I used for the little bugs. The ones inside the jar are painted onto the back of the transparency, and I applied a tiny dot of glue on their backs to hold the jar onto the card. There is also glue under the lid. I used a super fine point artist pen for the antennae. As for the rest of it, I used Twinkling H2O Paints on the background, stamped the tree with Stazon ink, and used little silk flowers from the dollar store in front of the fence. I added some twinks to the leaves, too. The color didn't photograph very well, but I think this is one of my favorites so far... of course I say that a lot!
 |
| Last Fireflies of Summer |
And last but not least is "Put a Bird On It!" Pink and aqua and birds and buntings... just a bit of cuteness!
 |
| Put a Bird on it! |
One of the letters that went out this morning was for a swap and I decorated the tar out of that envelope! Stamps, stickers, washi tape, glitter... Ornery said, "Wow, looks like you had fun with that one!" :) Yup!
Okay, the garbage one is hilarious...I'm totally diggin' on the pig. =D
ReplyDelete-andi
LOL! Yeah, the pig was pretty cool! :) I thought about adding a goat too, but I didn't want to over do it. :) Next time I have a chance, though, that goat is SO going on a card!
Deletetm
Those are beautiful as usual. I'd have a hard time parting with them.
ReplyDelete